Nerves gave way to excitement and then facination as the White Coat students put on crisp white lab coats and stepped through the doors of health facilities scattered through out San Bernardino County. The White Coat Spring Break program gave selected health pathway students the chance to experience the sites, sounds and yes, even smells, of the health care environment. The experience, which is carefully structured and monitored by the IHPC staff, provided mentoring, job shadow, training, and written exercies to maximize the student's experience during the week. They were each required to write a reflection about their experience. Here is one from Celeste Castrejon, a Grand Terrace High School student who was placed at Arrowhead Orthopedics Hand Center in Redlands, CA. Her host was Hand Center Manager, Arcelia Sarez.
We are inspired by Celeste's experience and reaffirmed that this work is making a difference! Thank all of our sites and the hosts for taking these students under their wings.
- Arrowhead Orthopedics - San Bernardino: Olivia Martinez, Office Manager
- Dr. Rahul Nayyar
- Dr. Sonia Nayyar
- Valley Radiotherapy/U.S. Oncology: Donna Foerster
- Arrowhead Orthopedics - Rancho Cucamonga: Christeen Ingram, Office Manager
- Arrowhead Orthopedics Hand Center - Redlands: Arcelia Sarez, Hand Center Manager
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center - Emergency Department: Annette Martinez-Lievanos